In this article
- Triggering the import of selected template using the rules engine using one of various conditions
The Action "Import Template" is available in the "Main" rules module. Below are the types of conditions or triggers that might be used to trigger the action for importing a template. Select the appropriate action from the drop down.
Types of Conditions
- Answer is selected/not selected - refers to answers on the architecture questionnaire. If you do not have the architecture questionnaire enabled at project setup, see How to enable the main architecture questionnaire. Inserting questions and answers into the main architecture question can be used to trigger the import of a template. Since the conditions in this section are essentially AND statements, different templates could be imported based on multiple combinations of conditions. For assistance with creating a questionnaire and answers using the rules engine, please see How to insert a question into the architecture questionnaire.
- Conclusion exists/not exists - Conclusions are actions inserted from the Component module and the Dataflow module.
- Custom Field - can be used to create a drop down or multi-select field on the project setup screen screen. Combinations of these fields can also be grouped together to import specific templates. For instructions on how to create custom fields and custom field groupings, please see How to create a custom field/custom field type/custom field group.
- Is Project Creation - this condition is looking for the creation of a new project and would then be satisfied every time a new project is created. This would be an ideal condition if a preliminary template should always be applied.
- Question Exists - this condition is looking for the presence of a question in the architecture questionnaire. This question could the action of selecting other answers in the questionnaire.
If a template should always be applied, you can also leave the condition blank and then select import template from the new action drop down.
Setting up the Action - "Import Template"
- Under the new action dropdown, select import template
- Select the template name that should be imported
- Click save.
If you need further assistance creating or managing templates please see How to create a new project template.
Article is closed for comments.