In this article
- Creating a custom field on the main project, threats, or countermeasures interface.
- Creating a custom field type
- Creating a custom field group
- SYSTEM_SETTINGS_UPDATE (edit permissions)
- SYSTEM_SETTINGS_VIEW (view permissions)
- Navigate to the custom fields customization tab
- Select the data type as Project (Main Project Screen), Threat (within an open threat in a library or in a threat model), or Countermeasure (within an open countermeasure in a library or in a threat model).
- Select New
- Fill in the required fields and add any additional details
Field Function Unique ID Provides a unique identifier for the project Name This will be the visible display name for this field on the main projects screen Position This is the relative position of this custom field versus others. Visible Check the box to make this field visible Required Check the box to make this field required Editable Check the box to make this field editable Exportable Check the box to make this field exportable Description Add a description for this field Type Defines what type of custom field will be used. Depending the need, a new type may need to be defined. Once a new type has been defined, multiselect can be enabled and possible answers can be defined. Field Group Fields groups create additional tabs to organize custom fields and additional data. New field groups can be defined by selecting New Field Group. Default Value Defines the starting value for this custom field (by default this is blank) Length Defines the minimum length for a custom field Validator Provides basic data validation ([a-zA-Z][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9] and ../..)
- Click save.