This guide aims to help troubleshoot any issues relating to the following error:
N components already exist in the system.
These components have UUIDs already in use by other components in the system.
Please, generate a new unique identifier for these components:
'component_name' - 'UUID',
'component_name' - 'UUID'
UUID - Universal Unique Identifier
Steps to fix
- Open the project XML inside any text editor of your choice. This may be an IDE such as Visual Studio or a simple notepad application. All we need to tackle this error is a way to open the XML file, search for uuid's and edit them. In this example I will be using Notepad++.
- Copy the uuid shown in the error code thrown in the UI.
- Search for these uuid one by one in the XML file.
- Replace this UUID with a new, unique UUID. Make sure to keep the UUID length the same.
- notice I have changed the last digits of the uuid to make it different, but I have also retained the same 32 digit uuid format.
- Perform these steps for all of the components listed in the error code.
- Save the progress to the XML.
- Re-attempt import, which should be successful provided there are no other errors associated with the XML file.