In our diagrams we may get a popup error saying that a component is not in a trust zone. This article will outline how to troubleshoot this.
- Click and hold your cursor to move the component
- move over trust zone
- most issues arise because they may be over the trust zone but not IN the trust zone. To verify the component is placed correctly, drop the component when the outline of the trust zone turns blue.
Error still fires even when trust zone outline is blue
Any errors following these steps usually relate to a poor import of the diagram and/or a property has been accidentally modified on the trust zone.
- Import a new trust zone
- Show the properties tab (View > Format OR ctrl + shift + P) > click the drop down arrow to show/hide attributes and values
- Compare and contrast the differences between the new trust zone and the broken trust zone.
- Edit the properties on the troublesome trust zone to mirror that on the new trust zone.
- Most of the time this will be the usage of 'container' property. Ensure this is selected. The usage of the container property links the component to the trust zone.
- Update threat model.
- If an error still persists, contact IriusRisk support via the support portal