In This Article
This article will contain a number of common error messages you may see in the IriusRisk logs and potential solutions for each.
Project 'EXAMPLEPROJECT' or issue type 'Task' missing from create metadata. Do you have enough permissions?
This error will look like this in your logs:
[http-nio-8080-exec-9] ERROR com.iriusrisk.issuetracker.jira.exception.handler.JiraExceptionHandler - Project 'EXAMPLEPROJECT' or issue type 'Task' missing from create metadata. Do you have enough permissions?
- Verify your permissions in both Jira and IriusRisk are in valid for syncing issue trackers.
- Verify that Jira issue tracking hasn't been configured at a 'per product' or 'per component' setting. These supercede any Global Settings if configured after initial Global Settings were configured.
- Verify that you've configured the proper Issue Type for your Jira sync settings in IriusRisk.
- To do this, you'll need to click the Configure issues... button in the Jira settings and then verify the valid Issue Type that corresponds to your Jira project are configured, as shown below:
"Could not create "x" Issues. Check logs for details. There has been a problem performing this action. Please contact your system administrator."
This message can also be accompanied by the following error in the logs:
[http-nio-8080-exec-8] ERROR com.iriusrisk.services.issuetracker.IssueTrackerIssueService - Project 'PROJ' or issue type '' missing from create metadata. Do you have enough permissions?
This is often caused by an improperly configured Issue Type in your Jira issue tracker sync. To resolve, take the following steps:
- Navigate to your Jira Issue Tracker configuration and click the Configure Issues... button:
Type Task in the Issue type field
Click the Validate fields button
Click the Save button at the very bottom of the page
The connection with Azure DevOps or Team Foundation Server cannot be established: "null" Please, review your connection settings and the server availability.
This error is also accompanied by the following entries in the logs:
[http-nio-8080-exec-31] ERROR com.iriusrisk.error.logger.IriusDefaultErrorLogger - The connection with Azure DevOps or Team Foundation Server cannot be established: <i>"null"</i> Please, review your connection settings and the server availability.
Caused by: com.iriusrisk.azuredevops.restapi.sdk.exception.response.ApiNotSuccessFullResponseException: null
This error is often caused by an account that lacks the proper permissions for API access in Azure, or is misconfigured in some way for API-level access within Azure. To resolve, verify that the account(s) in Azure performing the sync have the appropriate level of permissions to perform the sync.