The error message "cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'mxfile'" means that the import file you are trying to use does not have a valid data schema. The data schema is a set of rules that define the structure of the data in the file. Without a valid data schema, IriusRisk cannot import the file.
This is most commonly seen when trying to import an XML file that was exported from the diagram screen inside the project, rather than from the project screen that shows the full list of projects on the instance. This is due to the XML file only containing the data for the diagram.
To avoid this error, you should export the project as an XML file from the main project screen. This will ensure that all of the data for the project is included in the file. To do this, follow these steps:
- Sign in to the IriusRisk application
- Click on "Project > View all projects" at the top of the screen
- On the project you wish to export, press the 3 dots under actions, then select 'Export Data'
- Change the filename if you wish (as default, it will populate as the name of the current project)
- Click on the "Export" button