- The purpose of this article is to present a use case where an administrator might want to allow users to bypass required questions on the main architecture questionnaire and the component questionnaire
- EDIT_RULES (to create rules which power questionnaires)
- ARCHITECTURE_UPDATE (to update questionnaires)
1. Create a questionnaire using the rules engine and make it required. If you are unfamiliar with creating questionnaires, please review the following article - How to insert a question into the architecture questionnaire. This question is required which means that a user needs to complete this questionnaire before they can close the architecture questionnaire or component questionnaire. If the user does not have all of the information required they would be unable to proceed.
2. Add answers to the questions and include a "non-required" answer like "Unknown" or "Not Applicable" which does not add or subtract risk on the project. This extra option would only then create a notification on the project which should prompt additional review of those questions.
This rule would look something like the following for a component questionnaire:
3. As long as that required answer which lets the user bypass the required security impacting questionnaire answers is checked, these notifications will appear on the notifications tab of the project.